Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Valentine-Inspired Putz House: Dresden, Millinery, & German Glass Glitter

My first Putz house creation of 2015.....and just in time for Valentine's Day!


I have designed, hand-cut, and assembled this entire piece from scratch.



This chalet styled glitter house creation is bedecked in all sorts of red and white goodness. 


Red German glass glitter over red paint, and trimmed with elegant red metallic Dresden trim.


Clear German glass glitter and mica flakes over white paint, and finished with layered white snow paint. 


Crowning the door are red millinery berries with a vintage metal button nestled in tiny silver tinsel.


White millinery berries have been wrapped together to mimic flowering woody shrubs, complete with hand-painted brown trunk.

To give this piece the ultimate twinkle, I've coated the snow and shrubs with very fine crystally clear glitter. 

In my Etsy shop now! 
I'm going to create some smaller houses next,
keeping with the Valentine-themed colors!

In other news, I'm now on Instagram!
Follow me @ MagiaMiaEtsy!


Linking To:

7 comments:

What say you?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...